You Are Here : Home > NewsNews
Various common properties of PP non-woven fabric
(1) Physical properties: PP non-woven fabric is a non-toxic, odorless, milky white high crystalline polymer. It is one of the lightest varieties of all plastics. It is particularly stable to water and has a water absorption rate of 14h in water.
Only 0.01%. The molecular weight is between 8 and 150,000, and the formability is good. However, due to the large shrinkage rate, the original wall products are easily sunken, and the surface of the product is good in gloss and easy to color.
(2) Mechanical properties: PP non-woven fabric has high crystallinity and regular structure, so it has excellent mechanical properties, and its strength, hardness and elasticity are higher than high density PE (HDPE).
The outstanding feature is the flexural fatigue resistance (7×10^7) secondary opening and closing bending without damage marks. The dry friction coefficient is similar to that of nylon, but it is not as good as nylon under oil lubrication.
(3) Thermal properties: PP non-woven fabric has good heat resistance, melting point is 164~170 °C, and the product can be sterilized at temperatures above 100 °C. It is not deformed at 150 °C without being subjected to external force.
The embrittlement temperature is -35 ° C, embrittlement occurs below -35 ° C, and the heat resistance is not as good as PE.
(4) Chemical stability: PP non-woven fabric has good chemical stability. Besides being attacked by acid, it is stable to various other chemical reagents, but low molecular weight aliphatic hydrocarbons, aromatic hydrocarbons, etc.
The PP nonwoven fabric can be softened and swollen, and the chemical stability is also improved as the crystallinity is increased. Therefore, PP non-woven fabric is suitable for the production of Russian-Chinese chemical pipelines and fittings, and has good anti-corrosion effect.
(5) Electrical properties: The high-frequency insulation performance of the non-woven fabric is excellent. Since it hardly absorbs water, the insulation performance is not affected by humidity, has a high dielectric constant, and as the temperature rises,
Can be used to make heated electrical insulation products, high breakdown voltage, suitable for electrical accessories. It has good resistance to voltage and arc resistance, but it has high static electricity and is easy to age with copper.
(6) Weather resistance: Non-woven fabric is very sensitive to ultraviolet light. Adding zinc oxide thiopropionate dilaurin, carbon black-like similar white filler can improve its aging resistance.